New Gun

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

New Gun

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:51 pm

While out scouting yesterday I got the urge to get a new piece....so I traded my new 12 ga Stoeger Condor Supreme for a 20. What a sweet little gun......I wish I had gotten the twenty last year instead of the 12....TIP: Do not customize a gun if you really want to get top dollar on a trade...I had cut the stock down and replaced the butt plate on the 12 and that dropped the trade-in about 9%.... I guess if I had sold it myself I would have gotten the top dollar it deserved at 98%, but no hassle is worth it to me......so, if you are looking for a good 'utility' 12 ga OU, stop by KTP soon. I'm happy, but wish I had given the 20 more thought last spring.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:02 pm

Congrats on the new gun,I think I remember you saying something about trading the O/U when we were out on little bay last month.Sounds like new gun is just the ticket. :thumbsup:
We'll have to go bust some clays with it later on,I'll bring my RRL. :mrgreen:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:06 am

Lesson learned about the stock....I would like to reduce the LOP on the 20 too, but will not alter the wood, rather, I think I will take off the pad and install a hard plastic butt plate if I can find one that will fit the factory stock. I'll look at Brownells....anyone else know of a good source? I think the tough part will be getting one for a Stoeger....I know they make specific plates for Remington, Browning and other more popular pieces.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting