Quick video from this morning

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Quick video from this morning

Postby Seaductor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Action was wicked slow but when a few showed up to visit, we took full advantage of the opportunity! We managed 4 out of this flock. Only saw one other single and a pair who decided to move on when they spotted Sprig walking back to the blind after rounding up a crippled goose that sailed across the lake and dragged itself up onto the ice. Fun morning but man was that sun bright!!!

http://youtu.be/-zmq-B194_k
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Re: Quick video from this morning

Postby bkmaine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Thats awesome and would also constitute quite a bit of action compared to most of my days this year. Its only my third season but I expected a lot better, I haven't shot a mallard yet! Anyways we had a bunch of mallards come in just like that and we wiffed... nice shooting.
><>bk
bkmaine
hunter

Postby puddleduck » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Way to go making the best of a slow morning. Thought you would have seen more birds this AM. The Lake I went to was froze completely over this morning so wasted my day. Lets see what December brings hopefully I can stay away from the salt as long as possible.
puddleduck
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Good job Seaductor! Most of our last-to-freeze spots Lincoln north are now locked up...no surprise with temps around 5 above this am. I'm a little behind the eight ball on this, but I need to check on a Goldeneye spot on the river this week...it's time for them!
R-Factor
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:00 am

It's disappointing to see how few ducks we're seeing this year.. My goose count is still way ahead of my duck take.

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:12 am

the last three days have been HUGE in the Coastal Zone....new birds and ALOT of them....more geese than ever this early.....and more mallards.....haven't even shot at a Black yet!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Maineduckhunter » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:31 pm

the last three days have been HUGE in the Coastal Zone

Yep, Yep :thumbsup:
Maineduckhunter
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting