Outfitter Info

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Outfitter Info

Postby Newbee » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:18 am

I am brand new to duck hunting. Spent my first season hunting the Potomac River in Virginia. I am hooked, this duck hunting is GREAT! Would like to come to Maine next season and hunt Eider. Any ideas on a good outfitter?
Newbee
Newb

Excellent Eiders

Postby duckmann » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:28 am

Welcome to the sport and the list!

These guides are excellent and very professional:
http://www.seaduckhunt.com/hunt.html

DuckMann
duckmann
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:19 pm

I'll second the motion for Ruben Perez......top notch....check out the hunt with him on Whistling Wings 9.....(he is using my MLB for the hunt)....Ruben is a class act....excellent equipment and decoys, excellent dog trainer too, as well as a super outdoor writer....you masy have seen some recent articles in Wildfowl and Waterfowl magazines he wrote.

There are some outfitters here in Maine too, but I would say that Ruben is a good bet...the local guys I do not know first hand nor have I h=unted with them since I hunt on my own.

Another excellent guide is Adam Smith (Perfect Limit) and he hunts the North Shore of Mass.......many times right in Boston Harbor waters or off Revere Beach. He has a huge tender boat and will work with you on what type of hunt you want. He also adds in a box of shells and lunch!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby RedDog » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:28 pm

I had a great experience this year with Capt. Mark Hinkley of Kennebec Guide Service. He's a real pro, and offers you alot of options - on the rocks, boat/blind, layout boats. He doesn't have lodge or put on a lobster bake for you, but will put you on ducks!

http://www.kennebecguideservice.com/
RedDog
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting