Duck Hunting Forum banner

Breasting Divers

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  682x 
#1 ·
So with a hand full of delicious hooded mergs to dress after pulling feathers for flys I dig in. After 1st one I decided to time myself on 2nd. 3 minutes, not bad I thought . I start by pulling feathers the length of breast bone . Then make full depth cut along inside of said bone . As you draw knife to hind end spin it 90degs. and follow ribs down to back. Now cut front of breast down from where you started cut . With breast now only held on by that pesky skin from the back grab meat only and gently pull and knife the breast meat off skin. This way I think works fast on all divers that have a skin that is glued to breast meat. I like to use a filet knife that is flexible and sharp!!

#5 ·
They smelled no different than the Mallards and Black I did early in the week! I'll do them warm or cold that way . The video was ok but not for me nor some ducks that do stick like glue. I wish they were all like skinning a banana or Muskrat ,peel away!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.