Looking for layout boat

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Looking for layout boat

Postby Swanny » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:46 am

I'm looking for a used layout boat to access some back water spots not accessible for my larger boat. I want enough room for myself, dog and some decoys.
Swanny
hunter

Re: Looking for layout boat

Postby hobbsj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:49 pm

I have a hybrid prototype I've been contemplating selling. A big part of my decision is if I get an 18 month trip from Uncle Sam to Ft. Rucker (trying to work it to limit lost time on home waters). Not beutiful, but has epoxy on the inside and I can easily epoxy or reglass any areas that are unsatisfactory. Interested in checking it out? May or may not be what you want, but hey if you're interested, we can talk or you can check it out over a beer.
One thing duck hunting has taught me is that in prehistoric time, I would probably be a gatherer.
hobbsj
hunter

Postby Swanny » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 am

What is the length and weight? Do you have a picture of it, so I can get an idea of design?
Swanny
hunter

Postby hobbsj » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 pm

can't remember where I stored the pics, but its about 50 lbs, a little less than 8 ft long and around 3ft wide. Really freakin stable. I stand in it all the time withvery little wobble. Doesn't track well for long distances, but it rides shallow that you can easily get over small branches above the water a bit. With the stability and low profile I think it would be good for the dog to get on and off. But I'm just guessing with that as I've never hunted with a dog.

Here's a link tothe design to see if its something you'd be interested in.
http://www.hybridduckboat.com/files/index.php?id=23
One thing duck hunting has taught me is that in prehistoric time, I would probably be a gatherer.
hobbsj
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting