Where to go...

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Where to go...

Postby bkmaine » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Had a pretty slow year this year. I've been thinking about trying to plan a trip for a couple of days next fall to either get after ducks or grouse somewhere else in Maine. Anybody have recommendation so f areas for grouse and/or guide services for grouse hunting? Or the same type of info for ducks?
><>bk
bkmaine
hunter

Re: Where to go...

Postby R-Factor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Have you ever been into the North Maine Woods area- say west of Route 11 (between Knowles Corner and Fort Kent)? If you're after partridge (or grouse for all you out-a-state-ah's on here :lol3:), you might really enjoy a few do-it-yourself adventures through this area. Lots of old roads and fun areas to explore...no lack of birds if you enjoy walking!
R-Factor
hunter

Postby The_Real_TCIII » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:05 pm

R-Factor wrote:Have you ever been into the North Maine Woods area- say west of Route 11 (between Knowles Corner and Fort Kent)? If you're after partridge (or grouse for all you out-a-state-ah's on here :lol3:), you might really enjoy a few do-it-yourself adventures through this area. Lots of old roads and fun areas to explore...no lack of birds if you enjoy walking!

I went there a few years ago and seriously considered chucking it all and never leaving!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The_Real_TCIII
hunter

Postby hickunit » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:09 am

We hunt, fish and camp up in the North Maine Woods a lot. I spent just about every weekend during the summer of my childhood up there. My parents loved to camp and Dad loved to fish so it is the perfect place. Then during the fall it was trapping season so I spent many a days up there riding the roads shooting tons of birds. Go up there, rent a camp, you will not regret it. Its less then a hour from my house and I try to get out there as much as possible.
hickunit
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Yup, that's the way to go-HEETAH HUNTIN !!--some beers, any gun will do drive the roads, when you see a PAT-RIDGE, standing still, even in the middle of the road, in the road you should get out and shoot down the road at it, if the dirt flies up you know you missed ,.22 's work great travels for miles when you miss. If the Birds standing on the side of the road, ground or stone wall just stick the Barrel out the window and blast away,make sure you don't spill your beer.pick the bird up throw it in the coolah,and continue down the road..very very low speed, until the next Bird is spotted, or have someone -the Shooter riding in the back of the pick up. shoot all you want-way too much work walking the covers, and wing shooting.Besides you can become a TV Star on North Woods Law.. :yes:
decoycarver
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Brian, you should get ahold of TGS on here, Troy will put you on the sea ducks and you won't regret it!
MaineHunter
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting