New to the site

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

New to the site

Postby Mongo Lodge » Thu May 19, 2005 11:54 pm

Greetings,
I found this site after a few years on a couple of "other" sites about some of my favorite subjects: shotguns, ducks, duck hunting and duck boats. I was looking for and found more info on these guys building the foam boats- looks like fun and easy, especially kid projects.

Anyway, I am originally from Texas and have survived five Rangeley winters so far and doing quite well. I started duck hunting three years ago and have found a new passion in the ducks, geese and boats.
The boat yard is growing: a Bear Creek Odd Duck, 18' Grumman Canoe, and a more serious 14' duck boat which started life as a little sailboat. Originally the name "Dragon 11" was on the port and starboard hulls with factory stripes, nothing else, no mast, rudder or identification plate or maker data. Well, $20 bucks and probably 100 hours actual work time, I kept part of the name and call this boat Dragonfire. Similar to a Sunfish but different lines and now highly modified and electric powered. I know once I post pictures of this boat the posts will fly as she has a few "tricks" up her sleeves and handles like a dream for sneaking and jump shooting or layout with deeks.

I regularly tote a blue/ wood stocked Remington 870 Express Magnum 30" barrel. There is almost no pressure from other hunters in this area and more geese than ducks but people give strange looks to the thought of eating ducks and Canada Geese(?). That means more for me but I am happy to share.

I also started fly fishing three years ago and tying flies. Brookies and Land Locked Salmon in the rivers and ponds around here. I generally don't mess with Partridge hunting too much but try to get a deer early and get back to ducks before everything freezes up.
Mongo Lodge
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri May 20, 2005 12:29 am

Welcome!

We are always glad to have new members!!! :salude:

Rockin' Pancackes,
-Stouff
:welcome:
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Dogman » Fri May 20, 2005 8:10 am

Welcome aboard Mongo Lodge, :welcome: .I think you'll find this site to be about the best going for waterfowl :thumbsup: .
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Sun May 22, 2005 6:07 am

:withstupid: welcome to the site, hope you have some fun, learn some things and contribute some info and laughter. :welcome:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting