Not long now.

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Not long now.

Postby Dogman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:01 pm

63 days to go till early goose season opens. :thumbsup: From the looks of the broods I've been seeing its going to be a decent year.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Hows It Goin

Postby TEXDUKHUNTER » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:46 pm

Well how are you doin Dogman. I'm new to Maine I'm originally from Texas and I love to Hunt, ESPECIALLY DUCKS. I just found this site tonight while I was at work just messin around on the computer. I've read a few of your post. Sounds like you know your ducks. I would love to duck hunt here in Maine. My only problem is I don't know the area and I don't know anyone who hunts. With that combination It's kinda hard to do any hunting if ya know what I mean. Well if ya would write me back and give me some info it would be highly appreciated
TEXDUKHUNTER
Newb

Postby Dogman » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:19 pm

TEXDUKHUNTER,welcome to Maine!I see you're navy,does that mean Brunswick Naval Air Station?If so then you are just minutes away from Merrymeeting Bay which is a very good duck hunting area.You'll see lots of Black duck here but the limits are only one a day.Wood duck galore in the beginning of the season but they move south earlier than other ducks.Decent numbers of mallards but nothing compared to what a texan is probable used to.If you've never tried seaduck well heres your chance,Maine is the capitol for seaducks.If my boat stops giving me fits maybe I'll enjoy it too!Again welcome to Maine,send me a reply and we'll brainstorm a bit. :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting