hi- new to the forum- any scullers out there??

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

hi- new to the forum- any scullers out there??

Postby lovetohunt » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:44 pm

looking for some info on sculling in mid and central maine- looking for a good float as well- were do you get an oar??

thanks---
lovetohunt
Newb

Postby baggedout » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:53 am

This would be a great place to get info on sculling and Lou would also have an oar. http://www.lockstockbarrell.com/
baggedout
hunter

Postby RedDog » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:57 am

:welcome: Got my first float this past winter. I'm lookin forward to using it everywhere - lakes, rivers, streams, Merrymeeting, you name it.

Shaw and Tenney in Orono makes a couple styles of sculling oar - which get rave reviews.

There's also a sculling site on the web that's very informative, and the Forum has a few Mainers on it (some of which are legendary scullers/builders). Lots of instruction there on making your own oar. Just do a search on "sculling waterfowl", and you'll find it.
RedDog
hunter

Welcome to Forum!

Postby duckmann » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:07 am

LovetoHunt,

I am certainly no sculler but wanted to welcome you to the forum. Glad to see that several of the others were able to provide you with the information you needed.

I notice that RD mentioned Merrymeeting bay I would think that a scull boat would do very well there especially later in the day when the flocks gather near the middle. If you play the tide and wind right I bet it would be a great shoot.

Duckmann
duckmann
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting