Duck Hunting Forum banner

sea duck saturday

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  baggedout 
#1 ·
anybody going sea duck hunting saturday? Or am I nuts to consider it so early?

#2 ·
:thumbsup: Aren't all waterfowlers just a little nuts anyway? We have had some good shoots opening day in the past, but don't be surprised if you don't get much gunning this time of year. For alot of the birds can still be molting this time of year. Best bet is to get to the outer islands for the eiders.... But the black scoters should be in the bays in good shape by now and should give you some good gunning. Good luck on opening day and keep us all posted on your hunt. "Keep your head down and your eyes to the sky"..... Lundman

#4 ·
I will be in Mass. at a wedding trying hard not to bitch about missing the opener. If I wasn't at the wedding I would certainly be out on the ocean wackin and stackin those Sea Ducks! My brother had talked about going out but I think he changed his mind (didn't want to brave the Atlantic alone!). Oh well, we will make it up at Merry Meeting on Monday!

Duck Mann

#5 ·
I took a couple of guys out for an opening day sea duck hunt...We ended up with a full bag limit of 21 birds mixed Eiders and Scoters,,,The weather was fantastic and the boats that were out fishing kept the birds flying all morning..All in all a great first day

#8 ·
Sounds like a great first day Baggedout! Are you heading out seaducking again tommorow or are you going to hit fresh water? I didn't get a chance to go out yesterday . I had to go up north to scout for Moose as I'll be Moose hunting next week. It kind of screws up my first couple of weeks of duck hunting. Good luck Tommorow if your heading out!

#11 ·
Well the second day of sea ducks was better than the first...My Dad and I did our yearly take my 8 year old daughter out of school sea duck hunt...
I got her up at 3:30 and off we went ...I thought she would sleep all the way there but she was wide awake talking and letting me Know she wanted to scoop all the ducks up...we hit the water a about 4:45am and were set up by 6:00 by about 7:00 am we had a full limit of 14 birds for my Dad and I and my daughter scooped each one up in the net.. we were back home by 9:00 am and managed to bag a couple of woodies a teal and 2 mallards on a couple sneaks with the help of my Lab... all in all another great Day of duckin..

#13 ·
We towed the sculler around Sat morning, and spotted a few rafts. We were able to put the sneak on 'em, and ended up with 3 scoters and 3 eiders. What a lot of fun, and quite a different perspective - being inches off the water (especially when lobster boats are bearing down on you... :eek: )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.