Duck Hunting Forum banner

Dog days

913 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dogman 
#1 ·
All,

Took my lab out for the first time this morning and had a blast. . . much more fun hunting with a little buddy. She was a real trooper in the early morning and was really good at sitting still for about an hour. After that she started to entertain herself by eating sticks and trying to lay in my lap. I figured she had enough and since we weren't seeing any ducks I packed up our stuff, pulled the decoys and loaded the canoe.

I no sooner paddled 20 yards when I started hearing Canadian geese and within a few seconds about 40 of them landed on the other side of the pond. . . man. . . once again foiled. . .

Well it is early in the season and if we are patient eventually I will be able to get her that first duck.

Duck Mann

#2 ·
I no sooner paddled 20 yards when I started hearing Canadian geese and within a few seconds about 40 of them landed on the other side of the pond. . . man. . . once again foiled. . .

Duck Mann[/quote]

Now isn't that typical or what,never fails to happen to me whenever I pick up and move!
Glad to hear you and the pup got in a hunt together.A good dog is priceless. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.