Duck Hunting Forum banner

what do you look for?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  duckmann 
#1 ·
I wanted to know what you guys look for in a beaver pond, or small stream. Other than ducks being, if there weren't any ducks how could you tell that it might be a good spot. If any of you guys have any pics of a favorite pond that you like to hunt I would like to see them, and see what they look like. I mostly do my hunting on rivers so I was looking for a little variety.

#2 ·
I personally do all of my duck scouting on Sundays in the early morning hours that way I am at the locations at the exact time I plan to hunt. I have been amazed time and time again to walk into a small pond thinking I was going to see tons of ducks and ended up with nothing. On the other hand the opposite has occurred as well.

Another thing to remember, some ponds will fill up with ducks at diffferent times of the year. One weekend there might be no ducks and the next weekend it is jammed full. I think you need to get out in the field and just be observant and patient. . . I have never encountered a secret formula for finding a successful spot.

DuckMann

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.