NAS PAX River

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

NAS PAX River

Postby flightcancelled » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:46 am

Has anyone previously hunted or continues to hunt PAX River NAS? I have been doing quite a bit of scouting and was curious if anyone else has done any here or has had any luck. I am lucking for some woodducks and mallards if they are around for the 17th but it has been tough. I found about a dozen woodies yesterday along with about 150 geese and about 4 feet of soft silty mud!! :mad:
flightcancelled
hunter

Re: NAS PAX River

Postby flightcancelled » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 am

Noone else....nobody else hunts on base....really...im it? Wow, guess i can just show up 5 min before shooting time then. :lol3:
flightcancelled
hunter

Postby jake_carr » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm actually going to try out pax river This year. I'm guessing you've hunted there already considering your post was from 09'!! Of so how did you do? Any suggestions on spots on pax to hunt? Thanks in advance!
-Jake
jake_carr
hunter

Postby flightcancelled » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:46 am

Plenty of public lands on the upper Pax. Check out the game lands on the DNR website and scout those areas. Some decent hunting there. The lower pax also has some game lands available. Just comes down to finding them on the website and scouting them to find your favorite spot. Good luck!
flightcancelled
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting