Snow goose Trip!!!!!

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Snow goose Trip!!!!!

Postby Itflysitdys » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am

I have booked a Snow goose trip for the 23rd of Dec with Tuscarora outfitters. I am trying to fill a couple of spots. If you are interested please let me know ASAP. The price is 225 and includes tip. Had a couple of buddies go last year and they came back with 89 birds between 8 people. They said it is one of those things you just have go and experience. Asking for a 25$ deposit to hold your spot, let me know if you would like in! Thanks

Tom
Itflysitdys
hunter

Re: Snow goose Trip!!!!!

Postby Bay Bob » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Itflysitdys wrote:I have booked a Snow goose trip for the 23rd of Dec with Tuscarora outfitters. I am trying to fill a couple of spots. If you are interested please let me know ASAP. The price is 225 and includes tip. Had a couple of buddies go last year and they came back with 89 birds between 8 people. They said it is one of those things you just have go and experience. Asking for a 25$ deposit to hold your spot, let me know if you would like in! Thanks

Tom

Do you know yet if it is a pit or a layout hunt - - - ?

My rather large stomach and old age don't like layouts much :biggrin:
Bay Bob
hunter

Postby mdfowlman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

I have a trip booked for this wed. If we do good im sure I will be in for another trip. How many spaces are you trying to fill?
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:34 pm

You got the date set?? Yay!!!

Wish I could go :crying:
vincentpa wrote: Even if you're Bruce Lee, you ain't the same Bruce Lee wearing waders.
kfgirl
hunter

Postby Bay Bob » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm

kfgirl wrote:You got the date set?? Yay!!!

Looks like you might be out of luck for this year - - - I checked DNR's site and they do not have any field days on the schedule.

Of course you could always come to the blind and make coffee and serve breakfast :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Bay Bob
hunter

Postby Itflysitdys » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:14 am

Yup the date is set, and we will be leying on the ground, no pits or even layout blinds. Lee said that when we get there we will be handed a white tyvek suit to put on and to lay down in the middle of the decoys when the birds start flying. Should be an interested morning, said we should be done around 10am. I cant wait!
Itflysitdys
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 am

Bay Bob wrote:
kfgirl wrote:You got the date set?? Yay!!!

Looks like you might be out of luck for this year - - - I checked DNR's site and they do not have any field days on the schedule.

Of course you could always come to the blind and make coffee and serve breakfast :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bite your tongue, Bob!!! I'll have to go back on the sight & look. I thought there was 1 place that was willing to schedule something, you just had to call them first. I also know someone that does the class, maybe I can convince him to do one last test.

Of course I'd be happy to come to the blind & make coffee & serve breakfast! No reason I couldnt learn a thing or two while hanging out with you guys. ItFliesItDies can tell you, i"m full of questions! :biggrin:
vincentpa wrote: Even if you're Bruce Lee, you ain't the same Bruce Lee wearing waders.
kfgirl
hunter

Postby Itflysitdys » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:38 am

Haha that is an understatement. Full of questions isnt the half of it, haha j/k. Glad to have hunted with you though Gigi, me you and bob should plan a hunt down there so that we can all enjoy eachothers company. PS, get your license so we can go kill some birds!
Itflysitdys
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Itflysitdys wrote:Haha that is an understatement. Full of questions isnt the half of it, haha j/k. Glad to have hunted with you though Gigi, me you and bob should plan a hunt down there so that we can all enjoy eachothers company. PS, get your license so we can go kill some birds!

Hahaha! Should I bring my binoculars again?? We can blame that miss on my "Chatty Cathy" distraction. :yes: :yes: I promise I won't talk as much next time.... HA! Who we kiddin???!!!!!! :no:
kfgirl
hunter

Postby Bay Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:06 pm

kfgirl wrote:
Itflysitdys wrote:Haha that is an understatement. Full of questions isnt the half of it, haha j/k. Glad to have hunted with you though Gigi, me you and bob should plan a hunt down there so that we can all enjoy eachothers company. PS, get your license so we can go kill some birds!

Hahaha! Should I bring my binoculars again?? We can blame that miss on my "Chatty Cathy" distraction. :yes: :yes: I promise I won't talk as much next time.... HA! Who we kiddin???!!!!!! :no:

I took my Grandkids out a couple times last year, just to watch, and at the end of the year I asked my Grandson what he thought of duck hunting - - - he replied - - -

"It is cold and boring - - - " which kind of sums up much of our Western Shore experience - - -
Bay Bob
hunter

Postby kfgirl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Hahaha! That doesn't look boring at all to me! Nor do the kids look bored! :yes:

The beauty of sitting in the cold rain, waiting on the ducks...is it reminded me of the forbidden fruits of playing in the rain when we were kids. The fact that at the end of it all you get to shoot at a duck is merely a bonus!!

Correction on my earlier post: ONE unit left to complete. And you is correct, looks like i will have to wait until January for the field day test.
kfgirl
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting