Plans for opening day ? ? ?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Plans for opening day ? ? ?

Postby Bay Bob » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:28 am

So where are you headed - - - river, creek, pond, bigwater ? ? ? Private, licensed, or public - - - ? ? ?

I screwed up, got my days mixed up and made an unchangeable Doctors appointment for that morning - - - So I guess I will hunt the afternoon in my blind that has the decoys out - - - on a tidal creek/small bay !

It is public (sort of) but I have first dibs - - -
Bay Bob
hunter

Re: Plans for opening day ? ? ?

Postby The Butcher » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Baltimore - working....

But that's okay I'm off Thursday and Friday and hunting both as well as Saturday. Probably be in the bay Thursday AM and in our river blind in the PM. May head down to the shore Friday or our cambridge blind. Gotta be flexible.
Terp Nut
The Butcher
hunter

Postby nickb1414 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:34 am

Torn between middle pax or bigger water.... and if the birds aren't there i am going to the shore. BayBob, from reading your posts I believe you hunt similar areas on the western shore? Seeing any birds down there? Divers? Going scouting tomorrow am on Pax. Planning on hunting tue am, wed am, thurs, am and Sat all day. It's going to be great!
I'm shopping around for something to do that no one will like.
Jerry Garcia
nickb1414
hunter

Postby Bay Bob » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:41 am

nickb1414 wrote:Torn between middle pax or bigger water.... and if the birds aren't there i am going to the shore. BayBob, from reading your posts I believe you hunt similar areas on the western shore? Seeing any birds down there? Divers? Going scouting tomorrow am on Pax. Planning on hunting tue am, wed am, thurs, am and Sat all day. It's going to be great!

Seeing a lot of buffies now and a few bluebills - - - pretty sure I saw a small group of Canvasbacks as well, but they were pretty far off.

Seeing birds on the river and in the bay so I expect to see some birds on Wednesday .

I have not checked but I expect that there are still a lot of puddlers on the Mid Pax area - - -
Bay Bob
hunter

Postby wvugunner92 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Easton, but prob will be hunting the off-shore blind in the afternoon. Kent Island has a good amount of cans around it now.
Lock em nd Drop em
wvugunner92
hunter

Postby fowllife250 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:00 pm

I saw three Can's on the middle patuxent today, along with an abundance of Buffie's and some Blue Bill's. Can only hunt in the pm since my last final ends at 11:30. Best of luck to all in the third split.
fowllife250
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting