Third Split Opener

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Third Split Opener

Postby Boondock_RES » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Been sitting at work staring at the computer and chomping at the bit to get in the blind. Won't be able to til Friday.

Anyone do any good today?
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras
Boondock_RES
hunter

Re: Third Split Opener

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I have hunted geese for six years now. I do alright at it, but I've always gotten stumped when going after ducks. NOT ANYMORE!! I shot a pair of mallards, but was only able to find the suzy. I'm used to finding huge geese in the middle of a cut corn field, not small ducks in reeds six feet tall. I looked for it for an hour. I almost cried. My wife just got a mini dauchshund...next dog will be a lab.
Needless to say, I almost pee'd my pants when I watched them tumble out of the sky.
Was surprised how many birds flew this morning. This latest cold snap has some more birds in the area I think. Maybe even more by the time Friday comes around for you!
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Postby mighty mike » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Congrats! Glad to hear someone did well. Bummer you didn't find the drake better luck next time.
mighty mike
hunter

Postby we bad x 2 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:15 pm

what are you seeing for ducks down there? are you getting flight birds showwing up?
we bad x 2
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting