Fishing Bay and Tayler's Island

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi guys. My father-in-law and brother-in-law and I are looking to hunt for ducks on the shore this week. Just wondering if anyone has hunted at Fishing Bay or Taylors Island and seen anything flying around over there.
Any info would be much appreciated!
Merry Christmas!
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Re: Fishing Bay and Tayler's Island

Postby fowllife250 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 pm

I hunted fishing bay last season during second split and had a decent mix bag. Haven't been down this year yet but is a nice place to hunt.
Best of luck to you.
fowllife250
hunter

Postby islandgoose » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:09 pm

I hunted last week on a private piece of property off of Smithville rd. last week. It was terrible. I only saw 2 black ducks from 6:30 until 9:30 am. That includes all the ducks as far as the eye could see. Maybe it got better this week. Let us know how you do if you go . Sorry for the lousy report.
islandgoose
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:06 am

i am headed there tomorrow afternoon for a kayak hunt if anyone is interested in coming. i will more than likely not shoot anything, but at least i would have someone to talk to while i miss. if you are interested i will be home from ohio this evening. send me a pm.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:25 am

I would love to, but it's not gonna happen. Kids home from school+too much work to do=no hunting for me. Give me a call if you want to try the island, and I can steer you right (just won't be able to go :no: )
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby ohioboy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:39 pm

wow. fishing bay/eastern shore are pretty much dead. most geese seen was in easton at the school. saw 30ish puddle ducks and 5 divers. should have shot at 2 blacks but waited too long. wanted them to finish.

everyone i talked to said the same thing-cold next week will hopefully push birds down.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:58 pm

That's dreaming. There are ducks down at the shore, though, believe it or not. That 30 miles or so makes a big difference this year.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby ohioboy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:48 pm

went to ocean city for new years and i saw one raft of divers under bay bridge, barely any geese anywhere and about 30 black ducks in the bay behind ocean city. cold weather coming in though. i have heard of snow dances but never a duck dance. i might have to make one up.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:34 am

ohioboy wrote:went to ocean city for new years and i saw one raft of divers under bay bridge, barely any geese anywhere and about 30 black ducks in the bay behind ocean city. cold weather coming in though. i have heard of snow dances but never a duck dance. i might have to make one up.

You're not kidding. I still haven't seen geese. Didn't even bother going ducking the last 3 days, there was really no point in it. :no:
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby nickb1414 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 am

2 days, 12 ducks, all Fishing Bay WMA----- they are there, just have to take advantage of wind conditions and opportunitues. (pssssss... da duck lova da mojo) shoot em in the face!
Attachments
IMG-20111226-00089.jpg
Fishing Bay
IMG-20111229-00101.jpg
Fishing Bay
I'm shopping around for something to do that no one will like.
Jerry Garcia
nickb1414
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting