Millington WMA

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Millington WMA

Postby jpeels » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:29 am

Might be a shot in the dark, but has anybody in here hunted waterfowl at Millington WMA? I reserved a blind for this weekend, not to sure what to expect.
jpeels
hunter

Re: Millington WMA

Postby skinfan21 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:38 am

That's funny the is rite behind my deer prop I've never seen anyone there I seen people dove and rabbit hunt that's it
Born to hunt forced to work
skinfan21
hunter

Postby GOARMY » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:43 pm

I used to hunt with a guy who had a little place over there. Ducks were in the creeks when it froze up.
He did pretty good If I remember?
hooah.
GOARMY
hunter

Postby marhunter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:55 pm

how did it turn out? I'm considering going to Millington for snow geese and not sure if anyone has had any luck there. any advice will be greatly appreciated.
marhunter
Newb

Postby jpeels » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

We didn't have any luck, but if we had any snow goose decoys we could have had a better chance. The fields with the blinds aren't very ideal for birds to want to land in, they're kind of small and surrounded by woods. We saw thousands of snows and about 15 canadians. My buddy had some white trash bags in his truck so we filled up about 20 or 30 with rocks and laid them on the field. As pathetic as that sounds, alot of snows were starting to fly right over our heads (checking out our measley spread perhaps?) but too far for any pass shots. In a nutshell, yea, you might have some luck with snows using snow goose decoys.
jpeels
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting