MD Blind Laws/ Boat Blinds

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

MD Blind Laws/ Boat Blinds

Postby captnemo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:06 am

Sorry to come on here and ask questions right off the bat, I have scoured MD DNR but I am not the best internet rule finder.

What are the general restrictions for hunting from a boat blind on our vast water ways, ches bay, pax, potomac, ect. If you are alonf the shore of a WMA can you hunt from your boat blind? I understand the blind reservation system, but what if you don't want to hunt from the state blind?

I am studying the MD DNR lease map, and just about every inch of shoreline says reserved or areas closed...

I used to hunt from shore at the WMA, but I guess that was illegal, never was stopped though, but now have a blind boat and looking to where I can use it.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to shed a little light for me.
captnemo
Banned

Re: MD Blind Laws/ Boat Blinds

Postby Bay Bob » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:09 am

captnemo wrote:Sorry to come on here and ask questions right off the bat, I have scoured MD DNR but I am not the best internet rule finder.

What are the general restrictions for hunting from a boat blind on our vast water ways, ches bay, pax, potomac, ect. If you are alonf the shore of a WMA can you hunt from your boat blind? I understand the blind reservation system, but what if you don't want to hunt from the state blind?

I am studying the MD DNR lease map, and just about every inch of shoreline says reserved or areas closed...

I used to hunt from shore at the WMA, but I guess that was illegal, never was stopped though, but now have a blind boat and looking to where I can use it.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to shed a little light for me.

Here is the link - - -

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/Licenses/offshore.asp
Bay Bob
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting