Wader Repair

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Wader Repair

Postby flightcancelled » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Guys, I have had my waders for 6 years now and love them. They are the cabelas brand 1600 gram thinsulate waders and they are in my book unbeatable for the price. Warm and tough as nails. Unfortunately I have seemed to develop a very small leak on the inside of both knees right at the seam. It is not a hole or tear, just the seam is beginning to seep a little water through. I think it is most likely the fact that I fold them down in that area and grab them right there to throw them in the boat. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advise or suggestions on how to fix this small leak. There is nothing wrong with them so i would rather not shell out $ if I can fix these easily. Plus...I am having a hard time convincing myself to shell out any $ right now beyond a box of shells bc of how poor things have been this year......somewhat disappointing so far. BUT.......cold weather appears to be on its way!!!
flightcancelled
hunter

Re: Wader Repair

Postby Markd » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Aquaseal
Markd
hunter

Postby flightcancelled » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Looked at their website. They offer many different products. Any recommendations or past experience with a specific one?
flightcancelled
hunter

Postby Bay Bob » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:37 pm

I use 3M 5200 - - available in any hardware or auto parts store - - -

Bay Bob
hunter

Postby Have Gun Will Travel » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Markd wrote:Aquaseal

X2 order some from amazon at the start of the season. Found a hole with no bottom but plenty oyster shells. :mad:
adustydawg2 wrote: maybe, just maybe, if you held your mouth right and prayed a little, you might get a 1 day invite before the end of the season. :eek: :hammer: Just a possibility. :bow: Send me a pm. :hi:
Have Gun Will Travel
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting