I need help regarding licensing a blind site

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

I need help regarding licensing a blind site

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi all.
I just looked for what was involved with that process, and it was a lot of legalese...needless to say, I'm not sure I understood it all.
I have a friend who lives right on the bay, and the ducks/geese drive her nuts because they obviously defecate all over her yard. I told her I would LOVE to help her, but she has people who set up in the water behind her house (in the bay). Can anyone direct me to a website that is easy to understand regarding this issue? I'd like to lock the water up so that I don't have to fight with anyone, but I've no clue how to go about it.
Thanks!
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Re: I need help regarding licensing a blind site

Postby jpeels » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:25 pm

This may help...

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/Lic ... parian.asp

As long as your 150 yards from another dwelling, then I think its as simple as having the home owner filling out the riparian landowner application, it may cost $60 or so for a 3 year deal. This land gets marked off so nobody can pick it in the blind lottery. Let me know if you need help shooting any birds there too :hi:
jpeels
hunter

Re: I need help regarding licensing a blind site

Postby Bay Bob » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:12 pm

jpeels wrote:This may help...

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/Lic ... parian.asp

As long as your 150 yards from another dwelling, then I think its as simple as having the home owner filling out the riparian landowner application, it may cost $60 or so for a 3 year deal. This land gets marked off so nobody can pick it in the blind lottery. Let me know if you need help shooting any birds there too :hi:

You have to have 250 yards of shoreline or permission from your neighbors IIRC

The verbage - - -

"Riparian landowners wishing to establish an offshore blind must either own at least 250 yards of continuous shoreline or they must have written permission from adjoining neighbors to total at least 250 yards of continuous shoreline,

except that a riparian landowner who does not own or have written permission for shoreline totaling at least 250 yards may still establish a blind site (but not a stationary blind) if no other shoreline is licensed within 125 yards of the blind site.

If an applicant submits an application and the location of the blind fails to meet the 125-yard test, the shoreline will still be licensed only. There are some parts of the state in Baltimore and Kent Counties where no licensing may take place (see Appendix 2 for area descriptions"
Bay Bob
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting