Training buddy

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Training buddy

Postby berettaswinger » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 am

Hey guys I have been looking all over the web for a reteiver club around my area. I live in harford co. and I just can't find one. Maybe I was typed in the words so if you guys know of any please little me know. If your interstead in teaming up and doing some training together pm me. My pup is only nine weeks now but I just wanted to get this out there to hopefully line someone up. I wouldn't mind doing a little traveling so if your in a near by county let me know. Its always good to get your pup around other pups doing good thing. Also having someone toss bumpers for you and then to them is nice to have. He is doing really well on all his puppy training. He is reteiving to my hand outside, sit, here, heal are going good and working on sit stay. This is my secound dog that I am training. I have a program that I am doing with this pup so your not going be training with a pup that is out of control but I still have a lot to learn.
berettaswinger
hunter

Re: Training buddy

Postby Jake Steppe » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 pm

i got a friend on your side of the bridge in sparrows point. he just had puppies i think theyre 3 weeks old now and im pretty sure he's keeping one himself, im sure he could use a little help and company when the time comes if youre still up for it. ill let him know man and good luck.

jake
Jake Steppe
hunter

Postby berettaswinger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 am

Ok thanks, let me know
berettaswinger
hunter

Postby Biguglygreenboat » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Where are you located in Harford County? At 9 weeks, the only thing you should be doing retrieving wise is throwing about 5 marks a day at very close range. You don't want to burn the pup out before you build up his desire. I'm in Bel Air and am more than willing to help in the evenings and weekends. We have a training group that meets at various times and locations but don't really advertise on the internet or have a website.
My wife says I don't pay enough attention to her...or something like that. I really wasn't listening.
Biguglygreenboat
hunter

Postby berettaswinger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:01 pm

Yeah that’s what I have been doing with him. I was posting this in advance to find out if someone would be interested in the future to buddy up with me in some training sessions.
berettaswinger
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting