St. Michaels

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

St. Michaels

Postby jpeels » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 am

Looking to schmooze the old lady before hunting season kicks into gear. Do any of you have any recommendations on places to stay, things to do, and places to eat in St. Michaels. We'll probably do a long weekend, maybe even check out a head boat or charter fishing trip while we're there. Thanks.
jpeels
hunter

Re: St. Michaels

Postby gr8white » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:37 pm

The Inn at Perry Cabin is great and everything St. Michaels has to offer is in walking distance from that point. Maritime Museum, St. Michaels Winery, Eastern Shore Brewing just for some ideas. A 15min ride to Tilghman Island will get you on some fishing boats.
gr8white
hunter

Postby gklasako » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Wades Point Inn is just outside of St. Michaels and a little more affordable than the Inn at Perry Cabin. It does not have the ammenities, but is a nice quiet place to stay right at the mouth of Eastern Bay.

As Gr8white indicated, local brewery and winery in St. Michaels are nice visits and you can catch fishing charters out of Tilghman (live-lining spot for rock is the ticket now).
gklasako
hunter

Postby smehail » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:04 pm

Mr. Peels,

My name is Stephanie Mehail and I am the General Manager of the Inn at Perry Cabin. I would love to host you and your wife at our beautiful property. We have a boat charter service right off our dock named "Let it Ride" if you would like to go fishing or touring. Our full service spa will give keep your wife relaxed and rejuvenated. I also saw that your profile picture had a dog, please feel free to bring him along as we are pet friendly! We are also right next to the Maritime Museum that has a wonderful "duck" display. We are within walking distance of St. Michaels so you can enjoy all the great restaurants in town.

I look forward to welcoming you!

Sincerely,

Stephanie Mehail
General Manager
Inn at Perry Cabin
410-745-2200
smehail
Newb

Postby highbrass » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:08 pm

can anyone give me a heads up as to a good spot to launch my boat ? not lookin for your hole just a spot to launch THX :help:
TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING OR THEY WILL BE HUNTING FOR DRUGS.....
highbrass
hunter

St. Michaels

Postby gr8white » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:07 pm

highbrass wrote:can anyone give me a heads up as to a good spot to launch my boat ? not lookin for your hole just a spot to launch THX :help:

What exactly are you trying to do? Hunt, fish, crab, cruise, bowfish?
gr8white
hunter

Postby highbrass » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:03 pm

hunting waterfowl ...
highbrass
hunter

St. Michaels

Postby gr8white » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 pm

If your hunting waterfowl you're either headed to the sea duck zone or you have a blind site. I can't tell you specially what ramp to use because I don't know where you're headed. Google "talbot county boat ramps"....
gr8white
hunter

Postby highbrass » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks for your time gr8white :hi:
highbrass
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting