Need a guide in RP zone

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Need a guide in RP zone

Postby ohioboy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 am

I recently found out that my wife is having twins. I need help finding a guide in the resident population zone that you guys recommend. I would like to shoot geese and ducks if possible and assume I can find this fairly easily. This might be the last big outing for a while, so I don't mind paying for results. Any leads or suggestions are welcome.

Now about camo outfits for twins. Anyone have extras. :beer:
ohioboy
hunter

Re: Need a guide in RP zone

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:44 am

I have not used him but friends have and know him as a stand up guy from MDWFA.

M & A Outfitters
Bill Crim
www.magoosehunt.com
410-239-4514
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Biguglygreenboat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Bill is a good guy and will let you know if he's on birds or not. When they are in his fields, the shooting can be awesome.
My wife says I don't pay enough attention to her...or something like that. I really wasn't listening.
Biguglygreenboat
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:45 am

Ohio, you sounded like you were doing ok last year... Why the change of heart to pay someone this year? If she hasnt had the twins yet, (congrats by the way), then you should still have a few months before you have to stick closer to home...
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Dee Tee » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:20 am

I've hunted with M&A many times. Good outfit and good locations. As said, Bill will treat you right.
Dee Tee
hunter

Postby islandgoose » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm

I worked with Bill at M&A for a number of years and he is a stand up guy and will treat you right.
islandgoose
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:06 pm

buzz, i looked at our private and public conversations and i am not sure where you got the impression that last year was good. this is a direct quote from me last year "nice sunrise, bad year." and i would say that pretty much summed it up. greydog, you agree? look man, i got nothing to hide and i am not too proud to admit that last year sucked.

i want a good hunt, and one that someone else does the leg work on. M and A looks like a good outfit. i emailed them. thanks guys.

Buzz, you seemed to have lots of luck last year and hunt not to far from me-why dont you take me out? you claim you saw ducks last year that i have never or have rarely seen around here. and all in one day...let's say i am calling your bluff. i would even come without a gun and help with decoys. just want to see what you are and that i am not.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Grey Dog » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:01 am

I am with you OB. 2011-12 was not the year for the killers, or the bird watchers for that matter. Enjoyed many nice mornings that were unproductive. Got pretty discouraging near the end of the season. Waterfowlers are the ultimate optimist/masochists. Have to think it would be pretty hard to be any poorer than last year. The one thing I can say for being a card-carrying pessimist is that I'm rarely disappointed. I, for one,can't wait. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

GD and the Big Curly
Life is too short for cheap cigars or Bud in the can. - Grey Dog

Most of Society's ills may be traced to one, or both of two root causes,
too many people and not enough sense of humor. - Grey Dog
Grey Dog
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:38 am

I said you were doing ok! As far as what I am, and you are not... probably not much difference between us. As anyone on here that hunts with me will tell you, I am no fantastic caller, or great shot, or have nice decoys. More than anything I just scout a lot more than your average waterfowl hunter and I am very good at getting close to, if not on, the X. If you wanted to get together at a nuetral public spot in between us sometime this season, I would be happy to split a thermous of coffee and a sunrise with you. Maybe even a beer and lunch afterwards if we do well.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby slicendice » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Ohio, reading your reply to buzz, I can't help but think you're implying that he was lying or embelishinf his reports last year. I have hunted many times with buzz and can tell you hes a stand up guy and doesn't lie or exaggerate on his reports. I can also tell you that he scouts like nobodies business and that is a major reason for his success. To basically call him a liar and then ask for him to prove his reports by having him take you to one of his spots seems out of line.

Not trying to start a war, just think it was unfair to call him our like that. That being said, congrats on the twins and good luck this season. :beer:
2013-2014 season totals
1 Bufflehead
1 Gadwall
1 Black duck
1 Hoody
3 Mergs
3 Cans
4 Geese
4 Wood ducks
1 Mallard
3 doe
1 buck
1 fall turkey
slicendice
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:12 pm

slice, i am just a skeptic. thats all. not looking to steal a spot, regardless of our differences, i would never do that. this is a tough area to get permission. i get that and respect that.
ohioboy
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting