this is bs

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

this is bs

Postby quackhead38 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm

i just went online to get my licence for waterfowl and deer and come to find out that i need to have a hunter education certificate from md
i have one from pa but it wont work
what do i have to do to get the hunter education setup and what all does that cost
its stupid seein how im 18 and have a hunter saftey certificate from pa
they gotta go and be @$$ ho!3s and make it that way
sorry about the rant but im really p1$$ed bout this right now and was hopin there was an easier way to get my licences without having to deal with this crap that someone could tell me
i understand needing a trappers ed course to trap here but not taking other states cerificates thats just stupid and makes no sence
some body please :help: :help: :help:
i need three things in a shotgun, boom boom boom - phil robertson
quackhead38
hunter

Re: this is bs

Postby gaggleman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:11 am

Your hunting safety card/Certificate should still work pal. I would call the DNR Branch in Benedict and ask them how come you can't use the card you got in PA here. It say right there on the site, that you cards from other states are valid.
gaggleman
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:15 am

there used to be a check mark box that youve held a hunting license or hunter safety card in a different state. If you go to Walmart or some other brick and morter business, they will be able to fix you up if you have your PA hunter safety card. No need to go thru the class again I dont think. If theyve changed the rules... which i took hunter safety in MD and have gotten my PA license since i was 12, always thought it was reciprocal, then i guess go on the DNR website and they have a list of dates and classes. Hope that helps
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby quackhead38 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks il call the dnr and ask em. Online when you go to get a licence it says that you need a to put a certification number
And my pa hunter saftey card only has the instructor number n i put that in n it didnt work but il try walmart too
Thanks
quackhead38
hunter

Postby msmall » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:55 am

Get your license online. I have a Maine hunters education card and dont have any issues.
msmall
hunter

Postby quackhead38 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 am

Yea i was gonna go to walmart tomorrow anyway to get some arrows for my bow n some more shells so il just get my licence there
Id have to wait to call til tomorrow anyway cuz the got the budget cut thing today n every office is closed but i gotta head to the dnr office over there too to look at the blind site map hopefully theres still one open close to here
quackhead38
hunter

Postby Aunt Bee » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:28 pm

IF YOU WANT SOME REAL FUN, TRY TO GET A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT !!! LOL :biggrin: :help: :help: :mad: :no: :no: :no: :fingerpt: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
Aunt Bee
hunter

Postby quackhead38 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 pm

Aunt Bee wrote:IF YOU WANT SOME REAL FUN, TRY TO GET A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT !!! LOL :biggrin: :help: :help: :mad: :no: :no: :no: :fingerpt: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

Yea i could imagine how thatd be :fingerhead:
quackhead38
hunter

Postby stark1728 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 am

Definitely a pain in the arse. I had to call VA to get my hunter's education certificate number (thank God they still had it on their computers) and put it into the box on the DNR website. The DNR website is very poorly designed. For instance, you don't need the certificate if you're a nonresident waterfowler, but the website doesn't account for that. Fortunately, I took a VA hunter's ed class with a bunch of 12 year olds so it wasn't a problem for me. End of the day, skip the website and go to a store. Good luck
stark1728
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting