Southern Maryland this Saturday opener !

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Southern Maryland this Saturday opener !

Postby Bay Bob » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:13 am

Anybody going out ?

After last years many birdless days I am probably going to sit home.

But I would vicariously enjoy you plans and experiences.

Thanks

BB
Bay Bob
hunter

Re: Southern Maryland this Saturday opener !

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Tomorrow my lab has the appointment with the vet for the long nap. I am feeling quite anti-climatic about hunting early season this year. :sad:

Although I am looking forward to seeing reports of others and their piles of birds.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Bay Bob » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Cupped-n-Committed wrote:Tomorrow my lab has the appointment with the vet for the long nap. I am feeling quite anti-climatic about hunting early season this year. :sad:

Although I am looking forward to seeing reports of others and their piles of birds.

Aw man, that is tough, when I lost my previous Lab I was a mess for a while.

Did not get over it until I got another pup - - -

Sorry about your loss !

It is a shame dogs do not live as long as we do so we would never have to say that long last goodbye !
Bay Bob
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:14 am

Sorry to hear Bob. Maybe your pup will talk to the duck Gods for you and send a couple your way on Saturday if you go out
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Itflysitdys » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:27 am

I will be headed out, not 100% sure as to where as of right now. Hows that spot on base look bob?
Itflysitdys
hunter

Postby gaggleman » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:57 am

Itflysitdys wrote:I will be headed out, not 100% sure as to where as of right now. Hows that spot on base look bob?

It better not be the one that i am thinking about, LOL. Sorry for your lose pal. I had 3 labs and one chanced a deer that was in my backyard this year and it headed to the road and before i knew it, i was running her to the vet. Couldn't save her. It is tough and my thought and prayers go out to you. Because they are not a pet, they are a human with 4 legs.
gaggleman
hunter

Postby Bay Bob » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:04 pm

Itflysitdys wrote:I will be headed out, not 100% sure as to where as of right now. Hows that spot on base look bob?

If a fella could get to it and find a place to get out of sight the old lake bed behind the Rod and Gun club has always provided a few woodies. Watch out for deep mud !

Second choice would be behind the check station !

I have also seen a few on the backwaters of Harpers Creek near the new RADAR site.

Not normally many woodies on Goose or Harper main Creek early.

If you know of any beaver ponds they are usually a good bet as well, but you have to get wherever you are going very early.

The woodies will move at dawn, and then roost somewhere for the rest of the day.
Bay Bob
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:50 am

Thanks guys, help relieve my pain and post some pictures of pile of birds for me. :smile: Looking forward to some pictures.

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Hawg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Bob I am sorry for your loss.
Hawg
Newb

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:52 pm

I am doing much better. My daughter and I spent 2 days before dedicated to getting closure with the dog and we are fine. My wife distanced herself so as not to feel the pain. Well, she is worse off than anyone and experiencing more pain than anyone.

And I said I need to see piles of ducks to "relieve my pain" and I am not see many pictures being posted of early season success. No one hunting, everyone skunked or just laying low? :tongue:

Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mighty mike » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Sorry for the loss Bob, hope to post you some pics Saturday! I'm not a seasoned duck hunter but i've got the bug like no other and i got a hot farm pond just waiting for Saturday.
mighty mike
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting