New scouting partner

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

New scouting partner

Postby akdiesel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Well my hunting partner tore his acl and mcl yesterday so I am on my own hunting. Its too much of a pain to hunt out of the boat by myself so I decided to try my luck at public land. Went out scouting after work today and found some promising spots and picked up a scouting partner.

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

New scouting partner

Postby Willie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm

That's cool. My 5 year old little girl says she is going to go with me this year too. Hope she will.!
Willie
hunter

Re: New scouting partner

Postby mdfowlman » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 pm

you will remember that scouting trip more than hunting the birds you found. thats awesome. i have so many memories scouting with my dad,

oh before i forget whats the gps coord. of these spots you found haha
good luck akdiesel,
if you wanna get out on the boat though shoot me a pm i have a few blindsites in aa county that have been good so far your welcome to join
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby akdiesel » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Yeah it was great to have her with me, she asked to go, only 2 years old turns 3 next week. I went out this afternoon to try out my new spot. Decided to carry my waders and gun in my case. When I got to the spot I set everything down about 50 yards away and took my 3 decoys up to the water and jumped 7 woodies right where I had planned on placing my decoys. Sat there till sunset and saw nothing but squirrels. I got out there about 30 min later than I had wanted could have been the difference.

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

New scouting partner

Postby gr8white » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 am

I take my 2yr old with me when I'm scouting also....it's always an adventure that way. When she was really little I'd strap her to my chest in one of those front loader things with diapers and sippy/snack cups hanging off my backpack. Poor momma was hoping for a mall baby...but this one is mine, lol.

Pm coming your way AK...
gr8white
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:33 am

It's always nice taking the kids along. Keep them active as long as you can.

I remember have my daughter around 8 that had to go. She was bored and rolling around in the bottom of the boat. The guy with me goes "Ducks, coming down stream." My daughter jumps up and pops out of the blind like a whack-a-mole "Where" Boy look at them ducks flair. :yes:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting