Replacement Blind site license?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Postby akdiesel » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Can I go to my area blind site location and get a replacement blind site license? I was out today scouting spot after sandy to check it out, make sure my marker was still there ect. My marker wasn't there so I had it out making a new marker and the wind blew it in the water and I didn't notice for a while. On my way back out I saw something floating in the water so I motored over to check it out and it was my license, destroyed!

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

Re: Replacement Blind site license?

Postby Water_Logged » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:41 am

akdiesel wrote:Can I go to my area blind site location and get a replacement blind site license? I was out today scouting spot after sandy to check it out, make sure my marker was still there ect. My marker wasn't there so I had it out making a new marker and the wind blew it in the water and I didn't notice for a while. On my way back out I saw something floating in the water so I motored over to check it out and it was my license, destroyed!

Had the same issue after Sandy as far as my marker disappearing, never found it, but the water appeared to crest over top of it, so i woudl think it split in two. As far as the license, i'm guessing you're referencing the documentation? I'd call down to the main offices for your area:

Garrett, Allegany, Washington, and Frederick counties: 301-777-7771
Cecil, Harford, Baltimore, Carroll, Howard, and Montgomery counties: 410-356-7060
Charles, Calvert, St. Mary’s, Anne Arundel, and Prince George’s counties: 301-888-1601
Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Talbot, and Queen Anne’s counties: 410-758-2890
Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties: 410-548-7070

I had an problem with my original paperwork this year, and the state offices helped out immensely without hesitation. Nice people to deal with.
Water_Logged
Newb

Postby gr8white » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:02 pm

akdiesel wrote:Can I go to my area blind site location and get a replacement blind site license? I was out today scouting spot after sandy to check it out, make sure my marker was still there ect. My marker wasn't there so I had it out making a new marker and the wind blew it in the water and I didn't notice for a while. On my way back out I saw something floating in the water so I motored over to check it out and it was my license, destroyed!

I'm pretty sure you can go to the centreville office and get a duplicate...
gr8white
hunter

Re: Replacement Blind site license?

Postby akdiesel » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks for the replys, I got it all straight today. Called Centreville, they gave me the number for the head blind site person there and she emailed it to me so I have it on a pdf on my phone now. They were all very nice. A lot easier than I expected.

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

Postby gr8white » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Good deal.
gr8white
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting