Anyone going to try to get out this week.

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Anyone going to try to get out this week.

Postby Skeet123 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 pm

I am going to try to get out one more time this week. Hopefully I will have some pictures later.
Skeet123
hunter

Re: Anyone going to try to get out this week.

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Going for geese tomorrow morning out in Frederick Co. Just talked to the farmer, and the field I'm hunting was filled with geese this morning. I am hoping the X does not move this evening...
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Postby agkoh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm going out with my dad in southern md on Thanksgiving morning. I cant wait!
agkoh
hunter

Postby jpeels » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 am

We'll be heading out to South River tomorrow morning, and Stoney Creek Friday afternoon.
jpeels
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Kind of wish I had not gone today. Went to Easton to hunt waterfront property. Saw some geese but other hunters near us were messing that up. Birds were heading to open water and avoiding edges for sure.

Not one duck seen all morning.

Driving back and across bay just depressing. There is nothing in fields or on bay.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Grey Dog » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Leave it to Mother Nature to have a front come in on opening day of FA deer season. This should push a few moigrnts down. Maybe Dec/Jan will be better.

I'm going out to watch another sunrise tomorrow (Friday). Just because if I don't go I'll have seen one less than I might have. :thumbsup: BTW I'm taking the decoys and the dog too because you just never know....

Hope everyone is enjoying their tryptophan buzz.

GD
Life is too short for cheap cigars or Bud in the can. - Grey Dog

Most of Society's ills may be traced to one, or both of two root causes,
too many people and not enough sense of humor. - Grey Dog
Grey Dog
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:35 am

Got out yesterday with lefty on the potomac. Not a lot flying around, I took one black duck on a pretty lucky shot and that was all. Saw some small ducks early that I think were probably small divers and only a few flocks of geese before i left him to go set up thanksgiving dinner.
I had mom and dad, my uncle, grandma, sister, brother and his wife, and my girlfriend and my roommate for dinner. The infrared turkey fryer worked well as I was skeptical about it but the turkey turned out well. I also got news after we said grace that my brother and his wife will be expecting their first in June of next year, so uncle buzzy will actually be an uncle finally. That just means my brother wont be doing a whole lot of hunting next year so ill try to get him out a few times early this season before his old lady gets into full out prego mode.
Sitting at work now and getting reports of the same from a buddy that is a few miles down river of where we were yesterday. No shooting either. Ill be rocking the orange tomorrow, good luck everyone and be safe out there
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Grey Dog » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:22 am

To paraphrase Yukon Cornelius, "........Nuttin'"
Was not disappointed with the sunrise but nary a fowl to be seen. Heard very little shooting. Just not frozen enough up north I suppose. Maybe in the third, after the two week hiatus.
GD
Life is too short for cheap cigars or Bud in the can. - Grey Dog

Most of Society's ills may be traced to one, or both of two root causes,
too many people and not enough sense of humor. - Grey Dog
Grey Dog
hunter

Postby Skeet123 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:32 am

I saw a grey wolf. Remote area but I was still shocked. Had one pass of six ducks on the river and I got a hen mallard. That was it. No other birds seen.
Skeet123
hunter

Postby mdfowlman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:29 pm

huh? grey wolf? maryland?
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby Skeet123 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah maybe it was a coyote. That is what I thought at first but it looked to be 75 pounds.
Skeet123
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting