Duck Hunting Forum banner

What do you use to cover up your face?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  VaTailfeathers 
#1 ·
Face paint, mask, or just keep my head down?

#3 ·
If theyre close enough to see my face,they are close enough to die. Just keep your head down and dont show it to them until they get that close. With all that being said, I like using face paint and drawing glasses, mustaches, and french goaties on my face just to get a good laugh in when we go to breakfast or lunch after the hunt. The chinese buffet waitress facial reactions are priceless and it keeps the guys that think you have to cover your face happy that your whiteness is broken up.

#4 ·
I prefer burnt cork. I can use the same cork for a couple years (unless I lose it), but they're only $2 for a 4 pack at Walmart. Comes off very easily, also.

#16 ·
....so I suppose screw-top or box is right out than.

GD

"The older I get the better I used to be."
- Lee Trevino

#17 ·
gr8white said:
ohioboy said:
I might have to try that cork idea. Paint is messy as hell.
It's so simple to use you'll wish you tried it sooner. Just make sure you get a real cork and not the synthetic stopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. I usually just pour a little water from the bottle onto a rag, and it wipes right off. Like Gr8t said, it's very comfortable- can't feel it at all. I will say it takes longer to get the cork burning nicely than you'd expect, maybe 30 seconds. Go to Walmart, and look where the kitchen utensils are hung up- there are little bags of corks in there for about $2 for 4, and those 4 will last you probably 20 years.

#18 ·
face netting if the sun's right in our faces, but also keep our heads down. I plan on taking a hole saw and some black fiberglass screening material and making 2 inch peep holes in the side of the plywood blinds and stapling the screening over it in the inside just low enough so when we look, the top of our heads are below the top of the blind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.