Quest for #42

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Quest for #42

Postby GunNRun » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 pm

I will be heading to Long Island between Christmas and New Years to hunt with a buddy and along the way, I'd like to hit Maryland and fulfill a simple quest. I want to shoot a Mallard. Sounds simple but let me explain...
I've killed hundreds upon hundreds of Mallards BUT, never a Mallard in Maryland. I lack but 7 states to accomplish this quest and I'd like to knock it off my list this year.
I've hunted in every state but Hawaii (no season) every province and territory in Canada and all over Mexico. I've collected every specie of North American waterfowl but...I need a Mallard in Maryland.
I do not use guides and would rather hook up with someone for a 'one time deal'. I have plenty to offer as I travel all over and am willing to bust my chops harder for you than I can imiagine this being for you. I simply need a foot in the door and the willingness of someone who'd enjoy a southern boys hospitality for a day or two. (Surely this coud be accomplished in a day)
Anyway, drop me a PM or whatever...I'm making plans as we speak and look forward to hearing from someone. Until then...thanks !

GunNRun :thumbsup:
GunNRun
hunter

Re: Quest for #42

Postby Aunt Bee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 pm

It appears not to many hunters are interested in your vision quest ! :huh:
Aunt Bee
hunter

Quest for #42

Postby gr8white » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Aunt Bee wrote:It appears not to many hunters are interested in your vision quest ! :huh:

It's Maryland....not exactly the mallard capital of the world, lol. We have killed 33 ducks so far this year, only one was a mallard....thank God for wood ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gr8white
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 am

hmm, very dependant on when i get back from florida as I am going to be down there during that week visiting the girlfriend's parents for the first time(she doesnt know I have been on the swap a hunt forum and talking to some florida DHC guys :grooving: ). Im pretty certain I could put a mallard in front of you during that week if I am here, it would be up to you to hit it. Send me a PM closer to christmas and Ill let you know.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Aunt Bee » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:52 am

I guess what I really meant was although GUN&RUN sounds like a nice polite hunter to me it's not all about records and #42 ! Hopefully we won't find him slumped over in a MD duck blind foaming at the mouth because no Mallards showed up! Growing up on the Great South Bay on Long Island & now on the Chesapeake ive shot ducks! - but I'm not going to die if I never shoot a Harlequin 0r tree duck . I enjoy the sunrises, the compound curves of my Barnegat sneakbox, the smell of the marshmud, the water droplets on the bbl of my Rem 11 sportsman, etc, etc! (But that's just me). I still get bothered when I knock down a Brant and it's mate circles & circles- finally sitting down outside the decoys calling & calling for a mate that will never answer !! (but that's just me). I don't need the records- just like ducking !1 :smile:
Aunt Bee
hunter

Postby GunNRun » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Everybodys boat floats a little different. I prefer something new and different every chance I get. I have a quest no different than a pitcher wants a perfect game or a no-hitter. I too enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and the more I'm out there,the happier I am. From divers to geese to sea ducks to whatever has webbed feet, i enjoy them all. But, I still want a single Mallard that will be forever remembered as the first one I shoot In Maryland.

As for the responses and PMs...thanks and i will definitely give you guys a call.

Good luck till after Christmas and save just one mallard for me!

Gun
GunNRun
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting