Easton Church of God fundraiser

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Easton Church of God fundraiser

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Howdy all. Not sure if you guys know about this hunt, but it's a great one. They put on a killer breakfast and lunch, and of course a hunt for $50. If you're not doing it this year, you should do it next.
Just wondering if anyone has been out to Easton lately. I'm just curious if I'll see any birds on Saturday. I havn't hunted on the shore in a few years. It's supposed to be like 60...my expectations are not very high.
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Re: Easton Church of God fundraiser

Postby gooshntr » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm

There are a ton of geese around. Whether or not they will be moving on a 60 degree day is another thing. I hunt the Easton/St. Michaels area a lot and I always say there's no better place to SEE waterfowl. Whether or not you shoot them is up in the air.
gooshntr
hunter

Postby mdfowlman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:11 am

Drove through easton new years day seen. Seen multiple fields with 1k plus birds in each and a ton in the air. But with the weather I doubt they hit the fields. Either way its for a good cause
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm

This is an old post but figured I would post up! We went to the church hunt this year thanks to some close friends. We hunted in Trappe and we were able to kill 26 geese...a 13 man limit. We saw thousands of birds and we were able to watch the second party limit out right after us! We had a great time and will be back next year :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting