how did you do this season?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Re: how did you do this season?

Postby PSUbuzz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Just cause your wife doesnt let you have the sauce to cut down on calories, doesnt mean that a real stromboli doesnt have sauce. Then again, sauce... your wife...heh too easy Bill, too easy. :lol3:
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby billydee » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:54 pm

PSUbuzz wrote:Just cause your wife doesnt let you have the sauce to cut down on calories, doesnt mean that a real stromboli doesnt have sauce. Then again, sauce... your wife...heh too easy Bill, too easy. :lol3:

hell sauce her up all you want just get pictures so i can keep my boat!!!!!
Land manager for Fat Boys Hunt Club.
billydee
hunter

Postby Gandergetter » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Great goose year with over 300 downed geese. Maybe 20 ducks--Blacks, mallards and woodies
Gandergetter
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:43 am

We put a smashing on the geese in Febuary, between everyone in our crew, I know we shot just over 100 geese during President's day week. The last month we did really well though. Before that, we hadnt even killed 100 during the entire season. I think I personally had only killed like 20 geese before Christmas rolled around which to me was a ugly season. I did a lot more diver duck hunting this year though. I was on quite a few duck hunts that went over 20 ducks. On my Florida trip, I got to shoot bwt, bluebill, gwt, and ringneck ducks including my first banded duck(ringneck from minnesota), and also got to see some mottled ducks, even though I never got to harvest one or a whistler. On my NC trip we shot wigeon, canvasback, bluebill, ruddys, bufflehead, and everyone harvested their Tundra Swan tags. Here in MD, we got many firsts as well. Some guys got their first goose bands, pintails, bluebills, and divers. We had some impressive limit out days, one day with 8 banded geese killed in one flock, and all were from Ontario. Another day we limited out with 4 of us in a hour and killed 5 bands that were local in PA. I was happy to see some friends get their first bands, and also happy to see some of the most mature birds (color wise) harvested on our outings as well. I think we shot at least one of every species of puddler and diver that you see on the norm in MD. I didn't get out for snows this year and dont think I will. But all in all, it was a fun season for us with more memories for the books. :beer:
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby avalanchebetz49 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:31 pm

this season i was hunting solo in montana cause i dident kno any one there so i only shot 29 ducks.
Attachments
woodies.jpg
woodies.jpg (43.87 KiB) Viewed 221 times
teal.jpg
40 geese.jpg
goose bear.jpg
goose bear.jpg (26.32 KiB) Viewed 221 times
boat ducks.jpg
boat ducks.jpg (20.77 KiB) Viewed 221 times
2010-2012 tally
111-geese
118-ducks
all public land in maryland
2012-2013 tally
29-ducks
all solo public land in montana
avalanchebetz49
hunter

Postby wvlippo » Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Got a better pic of that ghost woody??
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

The amendment that guarantees all the rest.
wvlippo
hunter

Previous

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting