Antietam Creek

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Antietam Creek

Postby Boonduck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Hey guys I am new to waterfowl hunting but wanted to know if anyone floats the Antietam creek in Washington Co. or if it is even legal to do so. I am in the Boonsboro area and the creek is very accessible.
Boonduck
Newb

Re: Antietam Creek

Postby Lefty26 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:26 am

It is not legal to float the Antietam for waterfowl. In order to hunt the Antietam you would have to secure written permission from a landowner for the specific section they owned.
Lefty26
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Lefty is correct and if they own one side they own the bottom half way out. you are trespassing to walk to the other side.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Boonduck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks guys, I am aware about ownership to the middle of the creek we own quite a bit of creek frontage with our farm close to devils backbone park. However there are many folks that wade to fish it and camp, I was hoping since it was navigable water it could be hunted. I do hunt the frontage we own but it always seems like the geese are either up the creek or down the creek. Oh well my canoe will have to stay on the dry side of things for now and I will stay in the field.

I haven't hunted waterfowl since the 80's, don't know what happened but I got the itch again.
Boonduck
Newb

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting