South marsh island

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

South marsh island

Postby mdfowlman » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm

has anyone hunted south marsh island. im thinking about checking it out soon for another late season diver option its a hike from my house but might be worth the drive.
mdfowlman
hunter

Re: South marsh island

Postby snakeeater » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:26 pm

I don't know what type boat you have, but sound is one of the most dangers part of the Bay. Also the tide can let you sit in mud if not careful . It can be good at times out there , it all depends on feed @ weather , the colder the better. Good luck And may God be your guide.
snakeeater
hunter

Postby mdfowlman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 pm

I have an 1860 wareagle and a 19ft deep v seapro ocean series. I wouldbt try it with the wareagle just not enough boat if It started blowing
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby George Zahradka » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:16 pm

mdfowlman wrote:I have an 1860 wareagle and a 19ft deep v seapro ocean series. I wouldbt try it with the wareagle just not enough boat if It started blowing

If it started blowing hard down there both of those boats put together are not going to help you......that is some tricky water in that area .....stick in fishing bay lee sides on all wind ....
South marsh is buffie ally :welcome:
George Zahradka
Newb

Postby mdfowlman » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Im going to give it a shot this year but only on calm days
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby George Zahradka » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Cool man be careful 10 out of the nw will get it really bumpy out there .......bloods worth is a bit more sheltered......coming from hoopers is .....also there are some sunken boats and logs all around both of the island almost impossible to find to its to late.....
George Zahradka
Newb

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting