Moving and bringing guns.

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Moving and bringing guns.

Postby bohunt » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 am

You all were so helpful with my previous posts about moving I figured I'd come back again for another question. I am moving out your way at the end of the week. The lady and I are moving into the Rockville, Gaithersburg area. I know there have been some recent changes to your gun laws and I have been doing my best research and I think I have it figured out but want some other opinions. I will be bringing 3 shotguns (all 26+ in barrel "hunting" style shotguns), a bolt action 30-06, a .22 semi auto pistol, and a dpms ar15. As far as I'm aware it looks like the only thing special I have to do is register the dpms once I get out there and I have 90 days to do so? Is there anything else I missed that I will need to do? Thanks all!
bohunt
hunter

Re: Moving and bringing guns.

Postby ohioboy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm

bohunt wrote:You all were so helpful with my previous posts about moving I figured I'd come back again for another question. I am moving out your way at the end of the week. The lady and I are moving into the Rockville, Gaithersburg area. I know there have been some recent changes to your gun laws and I have been doing my best research and I think I have it figured out but want some other opinions. I will be bringing 3 shotguns (all 26+ in barrel "hunting" style shotguns), a bolt action 30-06, a .22 semi auto pistol, and a dpms ar15. As far as I'm aware it looks like the only thing special I have to do is register the dpms once I get out there and I have 90 days to do so? Is there anything else I missed that I will need to do? Thanks all!

Do what you want. You register and you are closer to that knock on your door.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:34 am

yea, MD is the 2nd most anti-gun assault rifle state behind NY these days. I wont say one way or another what you should do as far as registering it
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby akdiesel » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:44 pm

You don't have to register anything if you are moving here if they have been purchased legally. Md restricted weapon registration is not mandatory before Oct 1.

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting