EA Vaughn WMA

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

EA Vaughn WMA

Postby dawnchaser » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Going down OC this weekend and am going to check out EA Vaughn, anyone hunt there? Back home in MD for the first hunting season in 15 years and looking for places to hunt. Anyone hunt in the bay behind OC area?
Thanks,
Brian
dawnchaser
hunter

Re: EA Vaughn WMA

Postby akdiesel » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:22 pm

The bay behind OC is for property owners and blind site leases. Can't help with EA Vaughn wanted to check it out but time just got away from me this year.

Honkers- 7
BWT- 0.5
Doves- 42
akdiesel
hunter

Postby dawnchaser » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will be checking it out this weekend. Actually there are two WMA's behind OC that are open for waterfowl. I will be checking them out too. If I have time I may stop at Fishing Bay also.
dawnchaser
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:39 am

I hunted there 1 time last year. You would think getting to the ramp at 430am on a Monday morning in January would be early enough, but 5 boats were already in the water and plenty more showed up behind us. We did alright but that was just from my one experience. From what it sounded like to the local friend I hunted with, it gets hunted pretty heavily and most of the birds stay in the private impoundments near by. We did get a nice snow goose show between duck flights
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting