Anybody else from the eastern shore or kent county?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Anybody else from the eastern shore or kent county?

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:07 pm

Hey just wonderin if anyone else is from my local area. Just wanna see how u guys are doin and how the birds are flying in ur area? also what kinds of calls are u using goose and duck calls....
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby commited » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:39 pm

hell i live close to kent county...birds are doing ok i got a pit in eatin and kent...but jus dosnt seem as good as last year longer days already and lesslimeting out days...i thing only once did we not limit out 40 times out (10) birds each time...but this time were having trubel....but i did kill A HUGE! ten down in kent county on opening day........i use a shouwn man shorty sweet talker, it takes practice but a great call to master and a zink monymaker (expensive) but great

hope i could help!
"a green head a day, keeps the gamewarden away"

Guns dont kill people, religions do...
commited
hunter

Postby dirtyj » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:35 am

I hunt in Ctown and it hasn't been freat, but I've only been down there a few days so far. Shot a handful of woodies, 3 mallards, a black duck and 3 canadas in 3 days of bird hunting. Shot an 8 pnter during muzzleloder. We will be down there this week for shotgun then back to the geese!

Good luck.
dirtyj
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:10 pm

hey no crap i was starting to think i was the only kent guy in this chat room. yea the geese are goofy this year and the ducks havent flown down. but thats quite impressive that uboth u guys got two nice bucks. congradulations. i have a couple stands up but i just dont have enough time to be in the pit and in the stands, but i do have some awesome trails pics
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby Choptank Cans » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:19 pm

I hunt over near Centerville and am going out on the Bay off Tilman Island for Sea Ducks on Saturday :mrgreen:
Have only Dove hunted so far in MD this year. Duck hunted in Alberta, sth Dakota, and Arkansas thie year.
Choptank Cans
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:27 pm

Yea i kno where centerville is... u hunt off of tilman island? like what sea ducks and like the whole off shore thing? if so thats awesome i have been lookin for a place to try some of that what kind of ducks u guys get
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Postby easternshorehunter » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:49 pm

You can shoot scoters and old squaw right now...once regular duck comes back in you can shoot cans, bluebills, whatever as long as you are in the main body of the bay and not the tributaries. if you have a boat and some decoys you are good to go...just make sure you are 800 yards offshore and ID what you shoot and you will have a blast...
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:46 pm

do you go to out by yourself? if so anyway to trade a hunt?
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting