Buzzy presents, the carnival show

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Buzzy presents, the carnival show

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 am

A rare sneak peek into the carnival of fun that is my duck hunting friends. Feel free to add some of your own.

I dont post pictures often these days, but when I do, I make sure they are of my friends acting a fool on the hunt

Even the dog gets painted
We're going to do what with the decoys? No, that wont work at all
in college and before dogs, there were walmart inflatable rafts to retrieve in deep freezing water
Justin asked me for birds "in his face" on his first hunt with me. Asked, and received...
Dont fall asleep in your blind. We will zip tie your doors shut after we paint your face. You wont want to go sleep back in your blind after were done with you
Sideburns of paint, and cheap cigars when the birds arent flyin
After many many decades of duck hunting, I finally convinced Rick to paint his face for the first time, along with Brett's boy for his first face paint. 5 min in, we had canvasbacks. I told rick, the key to fooling the ducks, is to paint the most ridiculoud things on your face. Theyll be too busy laughing at you to fly away!
Foo man choo and soul patch, plus face paint= bloody swan in NC
Lefty reccomends mullet mohawks and mustaches for swans
Last but not least. The crap that you find stuffed in your blind bag from a previous hunt by your buddies. Found along side of the river at the ramp by lefty. Found on the next hunt in my blind bag when I was reaching for my calls at LST. Then proceeded to be thrown all over that corn field that morning at eachother
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

20Buzzy presents, the carnival show

Postby Grey Dog » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Back in the day, when I carried a bit of extra weight (45#s.), and drove a Ford. I'm still a fat old man but I'm going bald to make up for it. :biggrin:

Quite a bit of opening day carnage but that's what the landowner wanted. Well stocked freezer that year.
:beer:
GD
Attachments
Opening Day 2003.jpg
Life is too short for cheap cigars or Bud in the can. - Grey Dog

Most of Society's ills may be traced to one, or both of two root causes,
too many people and not enough sense of humor. - Grey Dog
Grey Dog
hunter

Re: Buzzy presents, the carnival show

Postby Skeet123 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Nice job GD.
Skeet123
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:46 am

Buzz, you made me smile before breakfast. Well done.

I myself love face paint. I also like the purple tiger stripe mankini I found on the banks of the Monocacy. I will see if I can did up pics.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:44 am

NICE!! That's what is all about in my opinion. 10% kills, 90% QT with friends, family, and the outdoors!
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:52 am

The question is, do you still have the mankini and wear it under your waders during september season?
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:37 am

PSUbuzz wrote:The question is, do you still have the mankini and wear it under your waders during september season?

under? :lol:

it was good luck the day i found them. they were out there loud and proud.

currently they are in ohio. i need to get them back here. my mom is going to love sending those.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:05 am

i wish i had one on under my waders this past saturday. With nothing better to hunt, I took to the river with a buddy. After my first annual upriver trudging through water and over log jams on an island, i looked like i had fell in i was sweating so bad. And all for a skunk too
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Lefty26 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:43 am

I found a couple to add to the show.....

First is the Coors girl, she has helped on more than a few hunts, she has recently been retired and replaced by a St. Pauli's girl.

Second is the ever so classic swan dong......no further explaination needed.

The DD of destiny that Buzz posted has to be one of my all time favorite pranks, that story will still be popping up a long time from now.
Lefty26
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

If only I could put up videos to add to this. Rocky versus woody woodpecker. Me and kent napping and waking up to the lone goose coming in, with the commentary added. Im sure there are some i-kam videos from the past that show some phenomanal misses. The last video ever taken on my i-kams on the river(im pretty sure there was a solid celebration of the rare duck triple on the river)
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 pm

hows about this gem. Lefty's black duck that was as big as he is. Nobody knows if the duck is huge or he is that small

PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby FBomb » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 am

BAAAHHAAA! I searching through my pics now...Looking for late-nite NC pics....
FBomb
Newb

Postby FBomb » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:19 am

Time for a nap Buzzy?
Attachments
sky 534a.jpg
FBomb
Newb

Postby Lefty26 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Usually when Buzzy is in that position he is to hungover to shoot.....puke and rally!!!!

And there better not be any photo evidence of the shenanigans that happen in NC, what happens in NC stays in NC!!!
Lefty26
hunter

Postby Lefty26 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:29 pm

PSUbuzz wrote:hows about this gem. Lefty's black duck that was as big as he is. Nobody knows if the duck is huge or he is that small

Forget about the midget with the black duck.......there is ice on the river in that pic.....I sure do miss that!!!!!
Last edited by Lefty26 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lefty26
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:33 pm

Thats a tired from wading picture there bud. If you want a puke and rally picture from the eastern shore where my waders were a mess and I had to take a dip to wash them off, but still shoot well, youll have to talk to householder. That morning put NC to shame believe it or not.

Not always proud of it, but ive had my moments of skilled shooting and paddling hungover :shades:
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Told ya.
Attachments
image.jpg
ohioboy
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:57 am

ohioboy wrote:Told ya.

Sweeeeettt jesus. I gotta get me a pair of them in max 4
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby mdfowlman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:42 pm

This is our friend we refer to as "Ears mcgee" he sleeps more than anyone I know
Attachments
2012-01-21_12-40-33_242.jpg
2012-01-21_16-45-21_513.jpg
This guy only sleeps when we hunt
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:47 pm

i do miss the ice. this was amazing.
Attachments
0120090950.jpg
ohioboy
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:59 am

Yea, we all miss that mythical thing they call ice. It comes around once every 2 or 3 seasons and concentrates birds like flies on poo. You know its going to be a good hunt as soon as you show up to the ramp when theres ice on the river
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting