Morning hunt

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Morning hunt

Postby Mikeguard01 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:55 pm

Took my son and a buddy out this morning. Hunted one of my blind sites in the creek since the weather channel was calling for 10-15 mph winds. Saw one group of 30 Bills that circled the creek once then left. Two flocks of geese that must of had somewhere else to go. Four mallards that flew straight over our blind too high and landed 100 yards behind us I think there must be a small pond back there. Didn't even warm the barrels up. Packed up at 11:00 took a ride out to my other blind site just to take a look and jumped a half dozen Buffies. Still better than sitting home. A buddy called me this evening said they got 4 Bills and 1 Buffy. Where's the cold weather.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

shoot

Postby DFurman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:28 pm

I hunting the Wildlife managment area with my father-in-law on fri nite and sat am and sat am brough some thick FOG from the rain fri nite. We had 2 small flocks of geese flying around but not over us and we saw a few pairs of mallards but it was sooo thick that all you could do is hear the ducks when they flew over and then its too late to do anything about it. No one is really cleaning up over there right now. Found a better place i think but its mostly open water so we will probably be waisting ammo on buffies. O well hopefully i can get out this week. I am home off all week but my hunting buddy has to work and its no fun going alone.

Doug
DFurman
hunter

Postby commited » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:01 pm

i agree we realy do deserve some colder waether
"a green head a day, keeps the gamewarden away"

Guns dont kill people, religions do...
commited
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:55 pm

One of my hunting buddies just called to tell me He saw a large flock of birds rafted up not far from one of my blinsites. Maybe things will start looking up. I still would rather sit in the blind and not fire a shot then go to work.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting