A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.
Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed
Thinking of running out there opening day, never been there, and tips would be great. How solid is the ground? How shallow does it get! and do you guys use boat blinds, layouts, or just camo up and sit in grass
- Posts: 297
- Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:52 pm
- Location: Lincoln, de
The following concern likely have discovered body and mind sometimes while you look at
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:26 am
I hunt pretty close to there, though I 've never hunted that piece I am somewhat familar with those Dorchester marshes.
A few things to consider:
1. Those broads (the wide pond like sections) can be a pain in the butt, the channel is usually close to shore and not in the middle.
2. The "bottom" is really 10ft of lose mudd similar to coffee grounds.
3. Those creeks can be wicked deep with very steep banks, like 12 ft in the first step off the hard ground.
4. Water clarity varies from black to 6inches of visability.
There are a lot of RSAs around Taylor's and I suspect that without weather those birds will follow their daily routine that they have been on for at least two months if not longer.
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:34 am
Return to Maryland Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest