Question about McKee-Breshers

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Question about McKee-Breshers

Postby Ducks-N-Bucks1117 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 am

Hello, I'm heading down this Friday with a buddy of mine to hunt one of the islands on the Potomac across from McKee-Breshers and we were planning on parking either at the entrance off of Hunting Quarter Rd or the next one up off of River Rd. While reading posts on here about some ramps and other access points being closed off, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not these two locations are either open or closed? We'll be using our yaks so just curious if we'll have a 50 yrd drag or if we should bring our hiking boots ha. Tried to look this info up online but no luck. Thanks, any info would be greatly appreciated.
"If you're too busy to duck hunt or catch fish...you're too busy" -Jase Robertson

"Well those ducks flared nicely" -Me
Ducks-N-Bucks1117
Newb

Re: Question about McKee-Breshers

Postby ohioboy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:45 am

you are walking through to get to the river? that is a looooooooooong walk. might want to consult your map again. the only LEGAL ramp is at rileys, all other access points cross the canal/closed property.
ohioboy
hunter

Re: Question about McKee-Breshers

Postby Ducks-N-Bucks1117 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks for the response ohioboy. Can't go now, my buddy had to bail so looks like it's the ole smokepole instead. Thanks again for the response and info, appreciate it.
"If you're too busy to duck hunt or catch fish...you're too busy" -Jase Robertson

"Well those ducks flared nicely" -Me
Ducks-N-Bucks1117
Newb

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting