anybody Goose hunting?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

anybody Goose hunting?

Postby Mikeguard01 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Just checking to see if anyones still goose hunting and how they are doing. What about you Rob?

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:57 pm

I went out today with Joe Hafner (MDWFA VP) and Darring Sabol (Dsabol) here. Hunted neat a roost ponds. We had geese flying all around us. All over the place.

BUT, none came down to check us out. :thumbsdown: I only got next Saturday and little time to scout. It's about over for me, almost.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mikeguard01 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:28 pm

Rob,

Sorry you couldn't get any birds in the decoys.At least your seeing some birds. I was going to attempt it today but could not get anyone to go. I think I might go it alone on Monday.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:53 am

Hunting alone!!

You need to put the call out and get some help. I hate field huntign alone. That's too much work for just one guy.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mplhunter » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Been hunting on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays, seeing a lot of birds but getting them to come in is one thing. On Saturday had 10 dozen decoys and only had two come in. But I was seeing thousands off in the distance. On Thursday of last week shot one the only one we saw. I know someone that went out to day and he limited out in about 2hrs in the same spot I hunt. He said they were flying right over him no need to call at them. He had about 2 dozen decoys out. They are still here I think you have to be at the right place at the right time. The farm right net to we were hunting on Saturday they were poring in there like it was raining.
mplhunter
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Glad to here someone's scoring some birds. I have talked to a few people with mixed results. One day they are piling in to the decoys other days it's hard just to get them to take a look. It's just good to get out.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:17 pm

I've been waiting for you Mike.

I was wondering if you would get any birds off the roost on Monday. I ain't seen a hunting report yet. :umm:

Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mikeguard01 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:11 pm

Rob,

I couldn't get out on Mon. I had an errand to run at noon. I went to a local park took a few photos. I thought about hunting one of my blind sites since it was closer that the other spot and I might be able to squeeze in some time. The creek. froze up I don't think I could have busted though the ice looked pretty thick. Unfortunately I have to work this weekend so I will have to wait till Mon. I might take the last couple of days off work to go. Looks like some more weather moving in Monday night maybe Monday might be a good day. I just have to get out one more time.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting