DU Chapters

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

DU Chapters

Postby boilerhunt » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:22 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction for DU Chapters in or near Gaithersburg? I'm about to move out and am looking to get involved. I've had decent experience with chapters around Indiana. I grew up helping my dad out and co-founded Purdue's first chapter. Any info on locations and contacts will help. Also, it doesn't have to be right near Gaithersburg. Don't know how many chapters are in MD but I'd be willing to commute a ways to join one. Thanks
boilerhunt
hunter

Postby choptankcrabber » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 am

There are a bunch of chapters in MD, check out ducks.org for a list. Of course, it won't tell you much about the chapter itself. I've probably been to events with a dozen different chapters, from $250 a person (and not as a "sponsor", either) down to bare minimum. My chapter in Caroline County is a pretty casual mix, coat and tie very optional, we come close to selling out at around 200 every year- I personally think that's about the limit for everyone to get a chance to bid on something. We try to do a couple other events- we could probably use some fresh blood. I'm sure there are closer chapters, but send me a PM if you're interested.

Jonathan
choptankcrabber
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting