Frederick Co

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Frederick Co

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:29 am

Howdy gents.
I'm going out tomorrow morning to near Frederick. I had good success on this farm in the resident season, but I haven't been back out since then (it's a long drive for me). Have you guys been seeing and birds out that way? I'm going even if you all say you haven't seen a thing, but just curious.
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Re: Frederick Co

Postby mdfowlman » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:34 am

Buddy of mine shot his 5 this morning with ease.
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:41 am

I figure this cold air will at the very least, have them up and flying around. I'll be laying in corn stubble. I figure I have a good chance. Thanks for the report!
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:20 am

I'll tell you what, I'm glad I went out there this morning. We absolutely destroyed them. Had our four man limit at 9:15. We were right on the X. So nice when it works out that way.
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:56 pm

I was out on the river this morning and had some opportunities. With the water level being so far down I was a little farther away from the decoys than I wanted to be making longer shots. I saw decent numbers of blacks, mallards, and mergies. Even got buzzed by a teal when I head my face buried in my phone and not paying attention
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Max-4GMC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Ilovesidebysides wrote:Howdy gents.
I'm going out tomorrow morning to near Frederick. I had good success on this farm in the resident season, but I haven't been back out since then (it's a long drive for me). Have you guys been seeing and birds out that way? I'm going even if you all say you haven't seen a thing, but just curious.

hey names mike i am new to the area and fourm where are you going in frederick. i live near the weagmans, are you looking for a hunting buddy id love to go. i am off thursdays an fridays and can go any morning i work 2 nd shift...
Max-4GMC
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting