SO whats everyone doing to pass the time?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

SO whats everyone doing to pass the time?

Postby MDcanvasback2189 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:52 pm

hey is it just me or are you guys going through withdrawl, i dont kno what to do with myself now that hunting season is over. all i can think of is go turkey hunting but im not all that great or start gettin ready for next year season...

anyway what are you guys doin to pass the time
MDcanvasback2189
hunter

Giving back!

Postby cut_un » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:49 pm

Like you brother been getting ready to "de big birds" But, down here in Va. our local waterfowl org. has been real busy since the close of our seqason, from wood duck boxes to social events. we are a growning and a going. Trying to give something back to 'dem ducks" :wink: I know you guys up your way have a great state waterfowl org. as well. I've heard some great things :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Postby billy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Getting ready for turkeys here and my trip to AZ next month for meriams. The white perch should be running within the week and I can't wait to get my trot line going for crabs
billy
hunter

Postby mplhunter » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:10 pm

My wife and I went out counting deer tonight on a deer survey. Wife saw one I saw (0). Got all of the turkey stuff sitting out I look at it every day just waiting. I shoot the gun every weekend. Go fishing every weekend The bass are hitting. Still have to pull the crab pots out and clean out all the dead varmints out of them like every year some animal finds there way in to a trap and does not find there way out. Going to buy a new sea ark boat in the next week or two for hunting next year. Getting ready for rock fishing. And like everyone in MD looking for new land to go hunting on next year. You all have a safe summer and I will try to chime in every once and awhile. Talk to you all when it get close to hunting seasion.
mplhunter
hunter

waiting

Postby tatty duck » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:24 pm

Ive been gettin my gear in order here in pa and yes i am going through with draw it sucks. the weather was so messed up this season and know there is such a good varity of birds just countn the days till next season!
tatty duck
Newb

Postby Mikeguard01 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Getting ready for turkey season. Doing a little fishing. Looking for off season deals on decoys. Making crab traps. Taking pictures of the Cans that finally showed up on the creek

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby commited » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:17 pm

well...untill this week (spring breack)...iv been at military school....gosh i miss geting on here....the only this i kno is that...no mater what i am not missing goose season next year...so im pulling my grades up :yes:
"a green head a day, keeps the gamewarden away"

Guns dont kill people, religions do...
commited
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:04 am

Builing a work bench, helping my daughter with her horse, thinking about fishing and decoys for next year. Thinking about Turkeys.

Mike, give me a call about turkeys. I got something to try out. You still have my phone number? :smile:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mikeguard01 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:42 pm

Rob,

I still have it I will give you a call. Going to scout for turkeys next weekend maybe I can swing by your way on the way back unless you want to go with me.

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby easternshorehunter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:57 pm

Been doing alot of perch fishing, tying flies, and carving decoys. Rockfish are starting to show up I have heard so I may be doing some catch and release fishing in the next week or so.
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:03 am

Mike, next weekend is Easter weekend. I have family coming up so I can not leave. You could swing by if you wanted to. I am 7 miles south on Route 65 or exit 29 off of 70
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting