Chesapeake Guide Service

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Cupped-n-Committed, Mikeguard01

Chesapeake Guide Service

Postby Bstephens1280 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Scheduling a duck hunt with Chesapeake guide service. Been in a hiatus from duck hunting for past 3 years, kind of just got casted from the island with the group I was hunting with after my kids were born. Not gonna have boat together til next year so this will have to satisfy the itch for now. Has anybody here ever used them before? Going mid January, hoping for a good hunt. I did read a few reviews, but just looking for a broader discussion if possible. Thanks!!
Bstephens1280
Newb

Re: Chesapeake Guide Service

Postby Dehunter » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 am

We used Tom Marvel last year . We told him we wanted to hunt canvasbacks. And first day we got into
them pretty good. Limited out on canvas backs and blue bills. Said we had to switch blinds for next,as he wanted other guys to hunt this blind. The other blind was poor, but guide pulled us out and went to a field blind and shot some geese. But what we wanted was to shoot canvas backs. If we knew we weren't going to shoot them for 2 days we would of only booked him one day.

Make sure you tell him exactly what you want, he has some great blinds.
Targets-tequila- trailers-Ahh the skeet life!
Dehunter
hunter

Postby bass_hunter » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:38 am

Sounds like he had another paying customer that wanted to shoot cans too. And that x was the only show in town at the time.
( AIN'T NO DUCKS IN VIRGINIA )
President of the Si Robertson fan club
bass_hunter
hunter

Postby Montauker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Ive been a client of his 10+ years.

You won't find anyone better who also has that kind of consistency.

He rotates groups to get everyone birds and I can tell you from direct experience that his diver spots are excellent but if those bluebills/cans don't fly one day there is nothing that he or any outfitter can do about it.

Last January we went to his diver spot that had limits for several days prior to it (my club had a blind the next farm over and everyone on the river was crushing em) and only shot 2-3 ducks as the birds didn't fly that day. It happens.
Montauker
hunter

Postby Bstephens1280 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:40 pm

Good deal, just booked our hunt for next month. I do fully expect a good hunt from what Ive read so far, but do realize that our hunt depends on the ducks. Just glad to hear you guys have had good success with him. Hopefully by this time next year we'll have our own rig together to get out on the river. Thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated. Hopefully I'll have some good pics to post. You guys ever booked a snow goose hunt through him by chance?
Bstephens1280
Newb

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting