North Dakota trip

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

North Dakota trip

Postby Farmpond » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:37 am

Hey guys,
Starting to plan first trip out next year was wondering if anyone would know of any places to rent in rugby, starkweather areas roughly??? As this is my first trip trying to locate a place and if this is out of line asking sorry just wondering if any would recommend something or even recommend staying away from a place. Thanks in advance
Farmpond
hunter

Re: North Dakota trip

Postby mdfowlman » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:40 am

I would stay more mobile so when each day when u scout and find birds get a room close by
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby Farmpond » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks. Was thinking that only ? Is that time of year end of oct early nov would motels have room or b booked??
Farmpond
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:57 am

Farmpond wrote:Thanks. Was thinking that only ? Is that time of year end of oct early nov would motels have room or b booked??

Stuff can be booked up, but if ya can live with sleeping in your for a night its no big deal. Weekends are the main issue with lodging.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Farmpond » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 pm

Thanks for the replys! That should def not be a problem great way to stay mobile and stay on birds
Farmpond
hunter

Postby bohunt » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 am

I would suggest doing some google map scouting and look on the ND game and fish sight (they have a really good interactive map) to find some good spots and then booking a hotel centralized around there ASAP. I am from MN and went to school in Fargo so I used to hunt nodak a lot! I can tell you middle of October gets very busy as MN public schools always have a fall break around then. As well as the oil boom going on, the past 2 years it's been tougher to find hotel rooms than past years. I have not hunted the rugby area to recommend where to (or not to) stay. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything or want any suggestions from me, I am more than willing to help give or possibly trade info as I am pretty new to the area out here. Happy hunting!
bohunt
hunter

Postby SAXIS ISLANDER » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:43 pm

We stayed in the southern part of the state last year and ended up hunting as far north as Jamestown, a 70 mile trip. This year we're staying more in the middle of the state.

I'd stay away from that Devil's Lake area. Way too crowded.
SAXIS ISLANDER
Newb

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting