next season

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

next season

Postby Mikeguard01 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:35 pm

I going to start asking permision to hunt some farms for geese. I never had any luck in the past. Anybody have any tips about going about this?

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sat May 05, 2007 3:35 am

I always scout before asking so as to not beat myself up in the asking for marginial properties. I ask for permission for "waterfowl and doves and ground hogs an stuff like that." Asking for permission for deer up here is a usless cause.

I also offer a release of liability form as soon as they start thinking. It goes a long way when they know your willing to offer it.

Offer to help them out and tell them to call you if they need help around. Most will not but some will.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby billy » Sat May 05, 2007 6:41 am

You can also try starting with farmers that are leasing land. Some of these guys are planting fron a couple hundred up to a thousand or so and themight be willing to point you the right way. starting with groundhogs is a good start. There aren't many that like them because of how much of a crop they will eat up over a season. Also, look for cattle farmers. Green pastures + stock ponds + grain fed cattle that don't completely digest = lots of geese.
billy
hunter

Postby Mikeguard01 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Thanks guys

Mike
Mikeguard01
State Moderator

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting