Mckee

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Mckee

Postby Ezbyrd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Just want to say good goin to all the late shooters today!!! Does everyone got a cell phone,yes, :mad: it displays the time and date every time you look at it,learn how to tell the friggin time!! 450 was the cut off time and the shooting continued till 523 at the large impoundment, must be some good silhouette shooters over their. They must have their buddies in the parking lot with the engine running for the quick getaway. Myself and others work and put in the time to find the X,bring new hunters to the field and they here people bangin away after hours and wonder why these clowns can't follow the rules and why McKee has the reputation that it does. We as hunters need to get involved and do something for our hunting grounds and show new hunters the rules and why they are in place, don't be afraid the solution is a phone call away let's get together and let the clowns know they're not gonna be tolerated. :mad:
Ezbyrd
hunter

Re: Mckee

Postby ohioboy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:56 pm

did you call it in?
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Ezbyrd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Left a message and by the time I got over their no cars where left, they want plate numbers and vehicle descriptions
Ezbyrd
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:25 pm

you did your part. i was actually thinking about a meet and greet for the dhc crew in our area. makes issues like this easier if you have a few people to call. and hopefully it was not one of us.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Ezbyrd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 pm

That would be a good idea, we can hope it wasn't dhc people but we'll never really know. Bottom line lets step up and be sportsmen not people who HAVE to make a kill to try and prove that their "great hunters".
Ezbyrd
hunter

Postby Jfk1700 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:08 am

Same thing on the river yesterday. A group was shooting at least 10 mins after shooting time as I was headed back to the ramp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Jfk1700
hunter

Postby Marshmallow » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:42 am

There were people shooting a half hour before legal shooting time over near fairmount. More shooting then, than after legal shooting time.
Marshmallow
hunter

Postby MD Bandhunter » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:38 pm

ive noticed the same problem all season! early season guys shooting at geese during october duck season people shooting 20 mins before legal just a bunch of BS! but did ya atleast have a good hunt at mckees and get some birds...
2014/2015
Beer- A lot!
"See the duck
Be the duck
SHOOT THE **** DUCK!!!"
MD Bandhunter
hunter

Postby Two boots goody » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Sounds like they should change their system if there is that much illegal shooting occurring. What about calling DNR and complaining that they need to put an officer there to show that there is a presence.
Two boots goody
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 pm

I know for a fact NRP sits there at LST on opening day by the 2 big ponds. Problem is, theres literally 100 guys sitting around those ponds, and as soon as 1 person shoots, 100 ducks flush, and then everyone shoots. Hard to prove who was shooting when its still dark out and theres a mob of hunters standing around unless you can find who has a dead bird before LST. Its a cluster F down there thats for sure.
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting